Java MMOG

Started by
10 comments, last by Cedric 21 years, 8 months ago
quote:The engine they use is named Arcane 3D.

Ah, so you are making a reference to Arcane Technologies who used to develop the Magician OpenGL bindings for Java. I doubt Shadowbane has anything to do with them though. Arcane3D seems to be how Wolfpack Studios are branding their engine, probably to be able to license it to others. Arcane3D seems to be developed in-house at Wolfpack as it is listed on the product page at their website. I doubt Shadowbane has much to do with Java, Star Wars Galaxies uses Java for scripting though according to the people from Sun at javagaming.org.

Arcane Technologies also seem to have disappeared off the face of the earth, at least their website is gone.
Advertisement
krez: That''s exactly what I was referring to. Thanks!Nice to know it''s possible.

Let''s not turn this thread into a discussion of Shadowbane, please.

Nobody answered my question about Java 1.1, so I''ll ask again: Assuming I don''t want "fancy" graphics like those shown in the link krez mentionned, and that I want to reach the largest possible user base of "softcore" gamers, should I choose Java 1.1 over newer versions because a lot of browsers aren''t upgraded yet?

Cédric

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement