Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please critique..

This topic is 5620 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Please critique this concept for a freeware game thats already in the works. Game Setting: Ancient Greek warring city states perios (400 - 500bc) with 3d battlefields to decide conflicts (myth style battle) A semi persistant world would be created by keeping game data in a database and calling on it before and after each battle It would mix a web based - turn based campaign map with 3d realtime battlefield action. gameflow would run some thing like this. Log into the web portal for the game, then go to a chatroom to join a campagin (ranked) room or unranked room. 10 - 50 players per campaign room with battles always being 1 vs 1 for territories. In the campaign map spying, scouting and diplomacy available but resource managment is simplified to be reliant upon the amount of territory you directly control. History is to be possibly the most important aspect of this game popular or not history is what will provide the depth a game like this needs to be a great game. With that end in mind we will use history as the basis of the battlefield system and add layers of history to the game. In addition there will be unranked rooms that can be used to play non campagin historical maps, allowing multiplayer games of up to 6-8 so that historical scenarios and battles can be played out with heavy historical storylines layered into the game. We have a name Strateia (ancient greek for warfare) Our ultimate goal is to blend the best elements of turn based strategy, RTS realtime battles and old style wargaming tactical and political depth to a free game made with love. Any nit picking of the idea to help strengten it much appreciated Bludhall http://strateia.org

Guest Anonymous Poster
sounds good, well, if u can pull it off anyways!

please elaborate on the actual gameplay more and how the history will play into it. i am slightly confused and dont see how history will occer unless you mean ppl can see how previous battles are won.

also you ay 10-50 for a campaign, that number sounds awfully spread out. i am guess some large and small battles are the reason. though even in that case it seems like quite a few players.

unfortunatly most of yoru website (ok all of it currently) is useless ince you require wild tangent to be installed (i refuse to install that crud software). it may be a good idea to make a non activex wild tangent requiring version.

also being a freeware game i hope you have a dedicated server that can handle the semi persistant world data and rankings. also it should handle the lobby for all players, and it may even have to house all the games as well depending on how the game works. you should think about this.

do players try to conquer land as a team or as individuals? basically a more in depth explaination of gameplay details is needed since you force us to assume things which i dont feel is a good thing 9since we all envision things differently).