DirectDraw color key problem

Started by
12 comments, last by TornSoul 21 years, 8 months ago
quote:Original post by Pipo DeClown
I know DirectDraw. but I never did make a tilesengine.
Where can I find some code? Im not a directdraw newb.

Actually, the math portion isn't really that hard at all. I had just started with DirectDraw and I wanted to create something interesting with it and while I'd be doing other things, it just sort of came to me how everything would work. One thing I'd suggest is to use linked lists for your maps. I was reading about it somewhere (I can't remember where now), but the point is very valid. It's good for using maps with multiple layers. This way, you only take up the extra memory for an extra layer in the tiles that need it.

One thing I'd like to ask is for the people who've responded to download http://tornsoul.rini.net/tw.zip and try both of the executables and tell me the results on your computers. This would help me in understanding what's going on a bit more.

[edited by - TornSoul on July 26, 2002 5:08:31 PM]
<a href="puzzlearranger.com>Puzzle Arranger (a Magical Drop/Money Puzzle Exchanger Clone)http://www.puzzlearranger.com
Advertisement
Avalonx86:

Try to reboot, and see if it works.
Darkhaven Beta-test stage coming soon.
On the hard version, there is a tiny black outline on the character, but not on the soft version. Soft runs faster, too.

[edited by - Kaezin on July 27, 2002 1:12:17 PM]
Half the people you know are below average.Trogdor the Burninator
A reboot doesn''t fix anything..thanx for the suggestion anyways Cahaan..and it still works fine when I switch the parameter back to NULL. (altho no colorkey effects show up) Doesn''t really make sense to me unless DDCREATE_EMULATIONONLY does something weird I don''t know about... I''m prolly going to redo my engine in D3D so could get alpha transparency there but would love to have a DirectDraw version for ppl without decent videocards.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement