• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

d000hg

Please download this TINY 22Kb test program!

This topic is 5808 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

It's a very simple app which tests to see what 3d hardware you have and it's capabilities. If it runs correctly, you should get a message saying thankyou. A file named logfile.txt is produced, please email it to me or post results here. Either way, please post something to keep the thread alive. The demo requires DX8. As incentive, it'll tell you if your 3d card drivers are up to date. The maxstreams thing reported in the file will be >0 if you have D3D 8 drivers, 0 if you have D3D 6/7 drivers. The file is found here. Thanks very much, particularly interested in older cards. All systems you have, please test. It will detect multiple adapters, so anyone with a dual head card or 2 graphics cards, please check this works! EDIT Now have data on the GF256,GF2MX,GF2,3,4 & Radeon8500. Looking for those of you with other cards. Matrox? Other ATI? TNT/TNT2? Rage? etc etc... Cheers
Read about my game, project #1
John 3:16 [edited by - d000hg on July 26, 2002 11:32:38 AM]

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
Well...it isn''t a virus. Interesting, I ddn''t know I had 2 texture units or that my card supported Dot3 operations.

Created a D3D object, with 1 adapters
Adapter #0: NVIDIA Vanta/Vanta LT
Max texture dimensions: 2048x2048
DOT3 supported
2 Texture units
0 Streams supported
Max Point size=1.000000

-James

i got an "unhandled exception: access violation" error. "instruction at NULL referenced memory at NULL. the memory could no be read." is a more detailed description.

---
shurcool
wwdev

Adapter #0: ELSA GLADIAC 920
Device has HW T&L support
Device is a pure device
Max texture dimensions: 4096x4096
DOT3 supported
4 Texture units
16 Streams supported
Max Point size=64.000000

Created a D3D object, with 2 adapters
Adapter #0: ATI 3D Rage Pro (atir3)
Max texture dimensions: 0x0
0 Texture units
0 Streams supported
Max Point size=0.000000

Adapter #1: Mighty 3D II
Max texture dimensions: 256x256
DOT3 supported
1 Texture units
0 Streams supported
Max Point size=1.000000

Congratulations

Guest Anonymous Poster
Adapter #0: ATI Rage 128 Xpert 128 (English)
Max texture dimensions: 1024x1024
DOT3 supported
2 Texture units
0 Streams supported
Max Point size=1.000000

OK, may have found the problem - I have no message loop as none is needed, so thought I could get away with no WndProc function. I''ve added one now, and a window appears, so obviously messages were being sent to it at creation. Also added a bit more debug stuff - you also get a file log.txt which tells you what happened. The last line in this file should be
"Closing log file..."
Can you try again if possible, will be up in 5-10 minutes.
Yeah, to remind you - if the streams==0 or pointsize=0 or 0.000 or 1 or 1.00, you do NOT have a D3D 8 driver installed for your 3d card and some effects won''t work (pointsprites won''t be visible for example).
Same link, here it is.
Thanks everyone.

Read about my game, project #1

John 3:16

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!