Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dual monitors...

This topic is 5619 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Just wondering how i can make my projects based on nehes base code work with dual monitors, not nessecarily display on both but not crash whne i run it. (but if i can display on both thats all the better ... ) im on winxp pro geforce4 ti4600 p4 1.7ghz 640mb ram Thnx for nehelp

As far as I know Microsoft''s support for OpenGL on more than just the primary monitor is very sketchy . . .

I know for a fact that you can''t have different OpenGL implementations (ie. different cards) working together, if they both have single outputs. I tried for a very long time to get this to work, but from what I gather, (from the opengl.org forums) Microsoft just doesn''t let it happen. Somebody correct me if I''m wrong, please!

But if your GeForce 4 has dual outputs on it''s own, (I''m not really sure about this, I only have a GF3 with a single output ) maybe there''s a hardware-specific way to implement it, but you probably can''t get something going generally.

thats right.

If i drag an openGL game, or app into my secondary monitor, i no longer see refreshs. the only way to work around the problem is reneder your opengl into a back buffer and update the display using overlay.

You are having trouble getting single-monitor OpenGL apps running when you have both monitors enabled? That used to happen to me - doesn''t anymore though. Guess it was a driver issue.

"The churches used to win their arguments against atheism, agnosticism, and other burning issues by burning the ismists, which is fine proof that there is a devil but hardly evidence that there is a God."
Ben Lindsey and Wainwright Evans