Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help a newb

This topic is 5624 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Ok I get an error on this line of code, but i dont get what the problem is: wndclass.lpfnWndProc = WndProc; ------------------------------------------------------ error C2440: ''='' : cannot convert from ''long (__stdcall *)(struct HWND__ *,unsigned int,unsigned int,long)'' to ''unsigned int'' This conversion requires a reinterpret_cast, a C-style cast or function-style cast ==================================== I''m pretty sure I didn''t change anything related to that sence the last time it worked. Also if I try to cast it to an unsigned int like it says it should be, the error messege reverses

Make sure WndProc is defined like this:

LRESULT CALLBACK WndProc(HWND, UINT, WPARAM, LPARAM);

And it''s a global function, not a member of a class.

My compiler generates one error message: "Doesn''t compile."
-Albert Tedja-

Yes its defined as:
LRESULT CALLBACK WndProc(HWND, UINT, WPARAM, LPARAM);

And its global.
Could it just be that the compiler is messed up? Theres a few odd buggs in the vb 6 compiler, maby vc++ is a little buggy too...

Yeah I tried to cast it to the type it said it should be, and it didn''t work, maby it told me the wrong type... anyway that shouldn''t be the problem because i never had to cast it before and it worked fine.

wndclass.lpfnWndProc = (WNDPROC)WndProc;

This is a typical casting problem. Are you sure you cast it correctly? (As above)

Crispy

muahahahhaahah!!! Found the problem... i forgot to uncomment some crap, seems to have messed this up. Thanks for helping anyway.

[edited by - Lash on July 26, 2002 8:06:31 PM]