Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cannot Find The definition of this function

This topic is 5618 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm using Visual Studio 6, and everything compiles ok...just when I click on the constructor in the the class view, it gives this message. in the class view it changes it to look like this: CMesh(enum CMesh::MeshType Type) I've tried writing it different ways, but I can't get VC++ to find it...but it does compile ok. I know the enum is what's messing it up, is it bad style use it this way?

//HEADER FILE

class CMesh {
public:
	enum MeshType{Box,Sphere,Teapot};
	CMesh (MeshType Type);
};

//CPP FILE

CMesh::CMesh(MeshType Type){

}

<SPAN CLASS=editedby>[edited by - dabx11 on July 26, 2002 8:46:41 AM]</SPAN>  

Yeah, I''ve tried doing it that way...

CMesh::CMesh(CMesh::MeshType Type){

}

it compiles and works, but still VC++ can''t find it?

I assumed that it was something I was doing wrong, but in this case...I think it is just the editor, is this a known bug?

anyway, I just have to click on another function to edit the code in that function.

ignore it, class browser of VC++ acts weird/stupid sometimes.. sometimes, it loses all the class, I open the header, insert something, erase it and save again. et voila, class comes back..

I had seen some bug reports on ms site on that issue long time ago...

i used to have a lot of problems with the class view in vc++.

i haven''t use it for a year or so but i think if you close the workspace and delete the .pdb file it will rebuild it for you. that''s the project data base file i guess.

maybe that''ll help