DirectSound problems.

Started by
4 comments, last by Brian Jones 21 years, 8 months ago
The problem is that everything is set up correctly, or so it would seem, but when I try to play my file, all I get is static from the speakers. Would anybody know what is causing this problem?
I don't have a signature
Advertisement
You could check if the file you are loading is wrecked.
Or if you are loading the file "manually" there could be some tiny bug when handling chunks & co.

Im Anfang war die Tat...
Faust
Im Anfang war die Tat...Faust
This probably means you are not loading you WAV data into the buffer correctly. The debug version of DirectX fills the soundbuffer with Static after it has been created so you can tell the buffer was created successfully. Therefore, if you are still hearing static then you can tell your audio data has not been loaded successfully.

Cheers,
John
John ReynoldsCreative Asylum Ltdwww.creative-asylum.com
So how do I load the wave file correctly? I ran the program through the debugger several times, and nothing seems wrong.
The pointers that are supposed to receive the chucks of data get their data. The first one is equal to the size of the file, the second one receives nothing. Lock the buffer, copy the data into the it, and then unlock it. I don''t see whats wrong.
I don't have a signature
Ok, I got it to load one wave. Teleport wave from TOTWGPG, but I can''t get it to load another. The voc_holyshit.wav from Quake III
Arena. I''ve modified it using Windows Sound Recorderso it would be mono, and play at 11025hz.The first sound plays like you would expect it, but I still get static when playing voc_holyshit.wav. That is so odd.
I don't have a signature
Got it to work. Thanks to those that helped.
I don't have a signature

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement