Hi I'm New...

Started by
22 comments, last by FeatherWeight 21 years, 8 months ago
I started around 13, but once I got the hang on if/else statements, I couldn''t move on. A bit to much for me back then I think. Now that I''m 16 I had another shot at C++ and I''m finding it so much easier to learn. But if your 14 and start making your own programs, good on you.
Advertisement
Good luck, FeatherWeight!

I started when I was 9 in 1978. I just found some stuff I wrote on an Apple IIe and Commodore-64 in 1987 - whoa! Headrush!

I can''t wait to see what the next twenty-six years bring!
- Advice, eh? Well, besides working on your swing...you know, besides that...I'd have to think.
err...why are we saying how old we were when we started programming? I''m pretty sure that FeatherWeight didn''t ask that kind of question.

Anyway, FeatherWeight, in addition to this forum (gamedev.net), we (some people and I) have established a new forum just for beginners: www.instinctz.net/forum.
If you have a question, asking in both forums should give you enough answer I believe.
My compiler generates one error message: "does not compile."
quote:Original post by Grambo
Hi. From what ive read 14 isn''t that young to start programming it seems there are people who start earlier (8 is the youngest ive seen). I also started at 14 (2 years ago). Well to answer your question C++ is included with Visual Studio. It''s called Visual C++ surprisingly enough

[edited by - Grambo on July 26, 2002 10:11:01 AM]

I started programming before 8.

Somewhere in between 5-7 i''d say. My dad started me off with Qbasic.
[Piebert Entertainment] [Ask The All-Knowing Oracle A Question]------------------------------------------------------------GDSFUBY GameDev Society For UnBanning YodaTheCodaIf you want to see yoda unbanned then put this in your sig ------------------------------------------------------------DAIAGA Dave Astle is a God Association. To join, put this in your sig!Founder and High Priest of DAIAGA[edited by - YodaTheCoda on December 10, 2003 1:57:54 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement