Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mobile phone games

This topic is 5610 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I''m getting a Java-enabled mobile phone (Nokia 6310i) and was wondering about developing games for it. I found Nokia Forum which offers an SDK-style package, so development itself isn''t going to stand in my way. I was more wondering about if anyone here has ever done something like this before? I do hope it''s the right forum. This is for PDA and console I know, but I guess PDA is close enough? - hillip@xenoage.de''>JQ Full Speed Games. Period.

Coding on a java enabled phone from java requires you to have 2 things afaik.

The Java development kit (j2me + jdk1.3 or higher) And the SDK from Nokia itself. The sdk from nokia contains extra nokia-specific instructions/commands etc..

http://wireless.java.sun.com/ <- take a look there.

[edited by - Scorpion on July 28, 2002 7:30:51 PM]

hey JQ, I was just wondering about the same kinda topic

anyway.. can you develop for the phone you can download new games for.. Nokia.. I can''t remeber the number..

scorpion: I didn''t know you posted here too ! I haven''t spoken to you for ages, still use ICQ?

quote:
Original post by Jamie7
scorpion: I didn''t know you posted here too ! I haven''t spoken to you for ages, still use ICQ?

i''ve been here for quite some time... "Member since: 10/9/1999" <- checks0r.
anyway, my icq# is 10251921.

quote:
Original post by Jamie7
anyway.. can you develop for the phone you can download new games for.. Nokia.. I can''t remeber the number..

Think you mean the Nokia 3410 (just got one cheap). I looked at the Nokia devsite a few days ago, and the SDK is yet to be announced.

2DNow Banner

quote:
Original post by Scorpion
i''ve been here for quite some time... "Member since: 10/9/1999" <- checks0r.
anyway, my icq# is 10251921.

Yeah I''ve been a member since before this account.. I lost my password on ''Jamie'' ..

don''t know what happened to the current ''Jamie'' holder.. it used to be mine.. but someone else seems to have it

quote:
Original post by llyod
Think you mean the Nokia 3410 (just got one cheap). I looked at the Nokia devsite a few days ago, and the SDK is yet to be announced.

Yeah I think thats the one...