Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

beginner need program

This topic is 5621 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hello i am new to the gameing making but i got the rpg toolkit but i want to make something bigger like psx games and pc games like crash bandicoot. and i got no program have anyone a name of the program(s) greatings nicky

Buy a programming book about C++, that is the best way to start out. Try to look for something that includes a compiler or a free version of a compiler. The best compiler right now is Microsoft Visual C++ .Net, I'm sure most others on this site will agree. The only problem you might have with .Net is that it requires XP/2000/NT. If u have 9x, then go with version 6. (.Net is just version 7). For console games, like PSX, you have to buy a developer version of the console (very expensive) and you have to write your games in ASM (a programming language where you have to actually work with the processor). So once you've learned C++ start out with some PC game programming.

BTW, it'll be a long time before you get to the games you are envisioning, but stick with it!

Proceeding on a brutal rampage is the obvious choice.

[edited by - amish1234 on July 26, 2002 4:04:33 PM]

quote:
Original post by amish1234
For console games, like PSX, ... you have to write your games in ASM (a programming language where you have to actually work with the processor).

Why? AFAIK, there are versions of gcc that can compile code for non-PC platforms. It is even mentioned here for the GBA.