Highlander style game?

Started by
30 comments, last by Dauntless 21 years, 8 months ago
So it looks like people are 50/50 on the idea of a linear story line around redemption, or an open-ended game where the player can chose which path to lead the character. Me personally, I''d be more inclined to take the redemption storyline, just because I think you can make a much more powerful story that way.

As has been mentioned by others, I think it would be interesting to see not just the eras in history, and perhaps the pivotal moments that he was in (one of the cooler features of the short lived, "The Chronicles of Young Indiana Jones", was seeing what famous incidents Mr. Jones partook in), but just as importantly watching the progression of his character along the way.

Good ideas Brian. While I''m baptized Holy Roman Catholic, by most Catholics standards I''m probably a pretty bad Christian But I come from a multi-religous background (my mother is from Basilan...the same place the Abu Sayyaf are hiding out) and my grandmother''s people are fierce moros (muslims). Heck, my middle name is Omar. But if anything, I consider myself a Zen Buddhist (confused yet? don''t worry, so am I). So what it boils down to is I respect all religions. I would treat this with the utmost caution and respect. I think the important idea to get across is not so much a specific religion''s quest for redemption, but a universal feeling that we are indebted. And that we have to pay off our debts by giving ourselves up. This will strike a chord with just about every religion I can think of.
The world has achieved brilliance without wisdom, power without conscience. Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants. We know more about war than we know about peace, more about killing than we know about living. We have grasped the mystery of the atom and rejected the Sermon on the Mount." - General Omar Bradley
Advertisement
Dauntless: Well said and bravo. I agree completely.

EDIT: If you would be so kind as to stop by my own forum and introduce/discuss this game idea, I would appreciate it greatly -- our membership is low right now but thats because the website itself is still under development. I've been using it as a sort of "neutral ground" for discussion of mew media topics in conjunction with yet another forum I visit regularly; but the main reason for this request, is that the other members of the "volunteer" game development organization I represent, Smoking Monkey Studios, would be very interested in hearing and discussing this idea. We might even turn it into an article when we get our Features section up and running.

Don't worry, we fully respect (and demand that our guests respect) everyone's intellectual property. The URL: http://community.smoking-monkey.org

Brian Lacy
Smoking Monkey Studios

Comments? Questions? Curious?
brian@smoking-monkey.org

"I create. Therefore I am."

[edited by - irbrian on August 1, 2002 4:03:38 AM]
---------------------------Brian Lacy"I create. Therefore I am."

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement