Sound effects Programms

Started by
1 comment, last by Fma 21 years, 8 months ago
Hi What programs are used to create sound effects such as explosions, Robots like voices ..etc
Advertisement
My brother (the sound FX guy) makes his sounds through Cool Edit Pro. (try a google search for it). There are other similar programs that may be cheaper, but they all do about the same thing.

Keep in mind these programs will edit a sound, not create them. But all you need to create sounds is a microphone. (Just making sounds with your mouth can make very convincing explosion/wind/hitting/walking sounds, with enough editing).

"There are only three types of people in this world: those who can count, and those who can''t."

Just3D
Justin Nordin
J Squared Productions
www.jsquaredproductions.com
"There are only three types of people in this world: those who can count, and those who can't."Just3DJustin NordinJ Squared Productionswww.jsquaredproductions.com
Goldwave has some good options if you''re making your voice into a robot. Cool Edit''s best at all-round editing I found (esp. for StarCraft).

For SFX...I use some freeware sound FX sites. I''ll post some links if you want.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement