• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MSDN&&VC98 problems

This topic is 5686 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''m going crazy,anyhelp here is welcome. Well i have some few questions to ask concerning MSDN and VC98. 1. I have 2 sets of MSDN, i installed the first one, no problem. But when uninstall it and install the second one and in Vc i click on Help/content it says that "The MSDN collection does not exist, Please reinstall MSDN". I reinstalled it several times but no way. i dont'' know why. 2.When u work in VC, if u write a function and open this "(", a small help can appear and show u that function parameters, same for structures, classes with ".". But i find that in some cases it work in some others it just don''t work even if the code works well with no errors. For exemple: everything works well with LPDIRECTDRAW but when i use LPDIRECTDRAW4 it just doesn''t work, i have many other case. Please help, i have wasted too much time thinking myself.

Advertisement
How new is your second MSDN that you installed? Starting from about March/April this year (I can''t remember exactly) MSDN stopped integrating with VS 6. It now integrates with VS.NET.

As for the code completion, that''s always been a problem, especially in VS 6. It''s somewhat fixed in VS.NET, but your best bet is to get Visual Assist - it''s not free, but well worth the money.

codeka.com - Just click it.

• Advertisement