Windows Forms

Started by
6 comments, last by S3DEV1 21 years, 8 months ago
Where Can I get a Begginer''s OpenGL Tutorial using Windows Forms. I never learned MFC and I don''t have time to go back to that right now.
Advertisement
You don''t need a specific tutorial. Every form has a Handle property, which just returns the HWND of the underlying window. From there, just proceed as you would normally (i.e. find any other opengl tutorial for windows, and remeber that any mention of HWND is talking about this Handle property.)

codeka.com - Just click it.
quote:Original post by S3DEV1
Where Can I get a Begginer''s OpenGL Tutorial using Windows Forms

What are Windows Form?

Check out this place, more spceifically the tutorials section which covers OpenGL in Windows pretty well, from the beginner''s to the advanced level.

Hope this helps,
Crispy

"Literally, it means that Bob is everything you can think of, but not dead; i.e., Bob is a purple-spotted, yellow-striped bumblebee/dragon/pterodactyl hybrid with a voracious addiction to Twix candy bars, but not dead."- kSquared
in c# all windows are called Forms
csgl.sourceforge.net

"The churches used to win their arguments against atheism, agnosticism, and other burning issues by burning the ismists, which is fine proof that there is a devil but hardly evidence that there is a God."
Ben Lindsey and Wainwright Evans
--AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.[Project site] [IRC channel] [Blog]
I though he just wanted Windows Forms, not neccesarily C#... If you just want Windows Forms, my post is all you need. If you want OpenGL + C#, then go with csgl (though I''d wait until DX9 before doing 3D with C# or any other .NET language.)

CSGL isn''t restricted to C# only, despite the name. It should work with any .NET language.
--AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.[Project site] [IRC channel] [Blog]
Yeah, you''re right, it should. I just think it''s going to be overkill. Especially since VC++.NET has slightly better native interop than C# (in that you can mix native and .NET together). So it''d probably be easier to just use opengl directly...

Actually, I''m not sure how it''d work if you used VC++.NET, so maybe csgl is your only option. I haven''t worked in .NET much yet (well, I haven''t used many interop features at least)

Still, I''d wait until DX9. .NET interop probably isn''t going to be all that fast, and DX9 should be quite easy to use from a .NET language.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement