Can someone please help me!!!!!!!!

Started by
7 comments, last by vietstylist 21 years, 8 months ago
I need to know how to make undo/redo commands for this project i''m working on. I program in DarkBASIC which is a cross between VB and directx. Can you just give me some tips,strategy or techniques on how to do this.Thanx Vs
Advertisement
You have to log what user commands where executed and what in the apps data was changed.

Give us more details.

[edited by - Jonus on July 27, 2002 10:34:45 AM]
VB is an IDE for an object-oriented version of BASIC. DX is an API. A cross between them would be very wierd indeed.

-----------------------
"When I have a problem on an Nvidia, I assume that it is my fault. With anyone else''s drivers, I assume it is their fault" - John Carmack
-----------------------"When I have a problem on an Nvidia, I assume that it is my fault. With anyone else's drivers, I assume it is their fault" - John Carmack
Dark Basic is a language that is a basic varient that makes it easy to code 3d games.

Oh why would using dx api and vb be wierd? People use vb and dx to make games all the time.

As for the undo function do as jonus said. Log everything the user does then when they go undo do the reverse of what they just did. I can't get more specific till I see code

[edited by - Monder on July 27, 2002 11:49:27 AM]

[edited by - Monder on July 27, 2002 11:49:54 AM]
quote:Original post by Monder
Oh why would using dx api and vb be wierd? People use vb and dx to make games all the time.

Using one with the other isnt wierd, but he said a cross between them. Its like a cross between a computer and a set of speakers. The speakers can be used with a computer, but you cant breed them together.

A cross between an IDE and an API would certainally be wierd.

-----------------------
"When I have a problem on an Nvidia, I assume that it is my fault. With anyone else''s drivers, I assume it is their fault" - John Carmack
-----------------------"When I have a problem on an Nvidia, I assume that it is my fault. With anyone else's drivers, I assume it is their fault" - John Carmack
The Command Pattern might give you some ideas. Try the links from that site, or search Google.
For future reference, why not name the topic "Need help with ''X''" instead of AHHHH I NEED HELP! Or something equally uninformative. Not a flame, just a suggestion.
-------------------------GBGames' Blog: An Indie Game Developer's Somewhat Interesting ThoughtsStaff Reviewer for Game Tunnel
quote:Original post by Maximus
Using one with the other isnt wierd, but he said a cross between them. Its like a cross between a computer and a set of speakers. The speakers can be used with a computer, but you cant breed them together.

A cross between an IDE and an API would certainally be wierd.

Try a cross between a compiler and an API. Not weird at all; just many more keywords.

Don''t listen to me. I''ve had too much coffee.
Ok, pet pieve. Please post a proper subject. "Help!" is not a proper subject. What do you want help on? Put that in the subject.
Stephen ManchesterSenior Technical LeadVirtual Media Vision, Inc.stephen@virtualmediavision.com(310) 930-7349

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement