Your most "legendary" games

Started by
135 comments, last by Cahaan 21 years ago
I''d like to know which games do you think are the best games ever made ? The one you''ve played a lot, without finished ''em after 3 days, with the best and more original design, best background and so on. Mine are : PC: - Ultima Underworld (I''ve played and finished it 6 times, it rocks everything) - Arena && Daggerfall (finished it after +- 400 hours hehe) (Don''t know about Morrowind yet, I''ve started it a short time ago). - Ultima 7 part 1 & 2 - Bioforge - Dungeon Keeper AMIGA: - Kult (The temple of flying saucers, Protozorks are cool hehe) - Eye of the Beholder 2 - Ultima 5 - And a lot more I can''t remember right now
Darkhaven Beta-test stage coming soon.
Advertisement
These are some that I never get sick of. They are not all perfect, but these are the ones that made memories. I can start up a game right now...

Commodore64:
Maniac Mansion
Zack McKracken

Sega Master System:
Phantasy Star I

Genesis:
Warsong

Turbo Grafix16:
Military Madness

PC:
Indiana Jones: Last Crusade Graphic Adventure
Secret of Monkey Island

Game Boy Advance:
Advance Wars

Playstation:
Tobal 2

Saturn:
Radiant Silvergun
Guardian Heroes

XBox:
Halo

S.C.U.M. interface was a large part of my childhood.

CDV
pacman, tetris, reversi, chess, roller coaster tycoon, starcraft, finaly fantasy 7 and 8 (8''s iffy. 9 is out of the question), the original sonic, super mario world and super mario 3. for fps games, I think half-life and red faction are the best because they were obviously thought out well when story comes. most other fps games have no story and if they do, it''s pretty lame and non-intriguing. Oh yea, and advance wars. That''s all.

---
My Site
Come join us on IRC in #directxdev @ irc.afternet.org
PC:
-Fallout 1/2
-Colonization
-Civilization
-Pirates! Gold
-Alpha Centauri
-Dungeon Keeper
-Starcraft
-Unreal
-Morrowind
-Neverwinter Nights

PSX:
-Final Fantasy 7
-Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2

Saturn:
-Shining Force III

Genesis:
-Phantasy Star II & III
-Shining Force I & II
-Sonic & Knuckles
-Mutant League Hockey & Football (Gore! YAY! :D )

SNES:
-Final Fantasy 4, 5, 6
-Chrono Trigger
Sqeek.
Just to let you know, using the term PSX when reffering to the playstation is in no way correct. "PSX" was simply one of the early codenames for the PS. Yes I know, many retailers still use the term, but it bugs me everytime I see it, so there ya go.

Some favorite games: Quake 3 Arena, FFVII, Tekken 3, MGS, Tetris,

Many more greats but these are the ones that pop into my head first.
unkn.Enigma1625
PC:

• Doom

• Quake I/II

• Diablo

• Half-Life

NES:

• Ninja Gaiden

• Mario Bros.

• Legend of Zelda

Genesis:

• Earthworm Jim

• Vectorman

• Sonic the Hedgehog

• Mortal Kombat!

• Street Fighter

SNES:

• Mario World

• Chrono Trigger

PSX:
Too many to count .
PC:

- Monkey Island I and II
- Indiana Jones & the Fate of Atlantis

Amstrad/Spectrum:

- Head over Heels (anyone know this game?)

Sega MasterSystem and Genesis:

- Sonic I

SuperNES:

- Mario World
- Mario Kart
Atari 800/XL:

Star Raiders, Boulder Dash, Alternate Reality, Jumpman, and some others...

NES:

Dragon Warrior 1-4, SMB 1-3, Zelda 1-2, River City Ransom, Final Fantasy 1, Tecmo (Super) Bowl...

Game Boy:

Final Fantasy Legend(aka SaGa) 1-3, Final Fantasy Adventure/SD 1/SOM 0.

PC:

All three of the Jeff Tunnell/Dynamix adventures, the Lucasarts adventures up to Grim Fandango, after that I haven''t played them, the Ultima games through 7.5, all Roguelikes, Apogee and Epic''s shareware games, Wolf3d and Doom, and countless others.....

And likely many others...

Making the world furry one post at a time
PC

Wing Commander: Privateer
Doom
Falcon 3.0
Mig-29 for Falcon 3.0
Tie Fighter
Pirates! Gold
Thief
System Shock 2
Daggerfall

Dreamcast-
Soul Calibur

Genesis-
Shining Force II

SNES-
Castlevania IV
Final Fantasy VI

NES-
Zelda

You know you''re a programmer when your computer is like family. When it''s more like a lover, you need help.
NES:
FF1, Megaman (all of them, especially II), River City Ransom, Ice Hockey, Ninja Gaiden, Contra

SNES:
Chrono Trigger, FF4-6, Super Metroid, Link to the Past, Megaman X (whole series)

PS:
Tekken series

XBox:
Halo

Arcade:
Metal Slug, X-Men vs. Street Fighter, MvC, MvC2, MK, MK2, Street Fighter series (I, II, alphas), X-Men, Final Fight, Time Crisis

Dreamcast:
Sega Bass Fishing (don't ask...), DOA2, Crazy Taxi

PC:
Day of the Tentacle, Leisure Suit Larry, Wolfenstein 3D, Kings Quest 5-6, Ultima Underworld II, Doom II, Quake, UT, Half Life, Counter-Strike, Fallout, Morrowind

[edited by - impossible on July 28, 2002 1:11:09 AM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement