Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tHiSiSbOb

Too Slow for Just blitting

I am making a Tile-based rpg and I am having some problems with the pixel * pixel scrolling engine. It works just fine but in my opnion it should be going alot faster. Here is the code i am using. void MAP::DrawMap() { RECT rct; int x,y; int xcount,ycount; for (y=ScrollYValuemin;y { rct.top=TileDescY[MapY[ScrollXValuemin][y]]; rct.left=TileDescX[MapX[ScrollXValuemin][y]]+PixelScrollValueX; rct.bottom=TileDescY[MapY[ScrollXValuemin][y]]+16; rct.right=TileDescX[MapX[ScrollXValuemin][y]]+16;//+(16-PixelScrollValueX); Back->BltFast(0,y*16,Map_Surface,&rct,DDBLTFAST_WAIT); xcount=0; for (x=(ScrollXValuemin);x { for (y=ScrollYValuemin;y { rct.top=TileDescY[MapY[x][y]]; rct.left=TileDescX[MapX[x][y]]; rct.bottom=TileDescY[MapY[x][y]]+16; rct.right=TileDescX[MapX[x][y]]+16; Back->BltFast(xcount-(PixelScrollValueX),y*16,Map_Surface,&rct,DDBLTFAST_WAIT); } xcount+=16; } } Is there any major way this code can be optimized. I tested it on another (slower) computer and it seemed to run faster. Here are the specs for the two comps i tested on. mine: Intel PIII @ 1.1 ghz GeForce 4 mx 420 w/63mb 256 mb pc133 ram WinXP Home The other comp: AMD Duron @700 mhz vanta w/8mb of ram 256 mb pc133 ram WinME. Any Help will be apprectiated. "Computers are only as smart as their programers" My Site-> Still working on it.

Yes i am using dd7 but that doesn''t matter seeing as how the ddraw example that was included in the 8.1 sdk also uses dd7 and goes faster.

"Computers are only as smart as their programers"
My Site-> Still working on it.