Is there a program to slow down your computer?

Started by
16 comments, last by Mman 21 years, 8 months ago
Hi, I was just wondering if there is such a program to slow down your CPU speed so you could simulate a 200Mhz System on an 800mhz computer? This would be very useful for determining the minimum system requirements for a computer game. Thank you! (Not sure if this is the right forum for this question)
Advertisement
MoSlow might be what you are looking for (I don't have a recommended link, plug it into google, its freeware and many sites have it).

[edited by - michalson on July 27, 2002 5:12:36 PM]
This thread would probably be better in the Game Programming section, but I''m no moderator, so I can''t move it.

Well, you could use Sleep(), and I think the argument is the milliseconds to sleep. There''s probably some equation that will let you slow the system down a number of megahertz with this, but I don''t know it.

.elendil67
When you go homeTell them of us, and say:For your tomorrow,We gave our today.
Oh well, looks like Michalson beat me to everything (with better info) by about 45 seconds!

.elendil67
When you go homeTell them of us, and say:For your tomorrow,We gave our today.
Thanks for the info, I''ll look into Mo''Slo.
If you have an AMD processor you could underclock it through the BIOS (if your BIOS allows you to change the clock multiplier). Obviously there are dangers with overclocking, but I don''t know if anything can go wrong with underclocking.

Proceeding on a brutal rampage is the obvious choice.
___________________________________________________________Where to find the intensity (Updated Dec 28, 2004)Member of UBAAG (Unban aftermath Association of Gamedev)
Or maybe try running Windows ME and have Windows Media Player running in the background.

Sorry, I couldn''t resist.

Trying is the first step towards failure.
Trying is the first step towards failure.
Lol! To bad I have Windows 98.
quote:Original post by Mman
Lol! To bad I have Windows 98.

That will do as well!
Hey program to slow down your computer? I have one! It fills 64 MB of your ram and sometimes if you close it it stays open in the task manager, very annoying and your computer becomes slow, believe me

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement