Bubble Bobble Clone

Started by
9 comments, last by adamxiii 21 years, 8 months ago
I''m currently making a bubble bobble clone ( classic NES game ) using openGL and any feedback would be greatly appreciated. you can download it here: www.geocities.com/adamxiii/Bubble.zip player 1 controls: w,a,s,d to move space to blow bubble player 2 controls: arrow keys to move numpad 0 to blow bubble enter - to enter options p - to pause the game. Its the first game I have attempted besides my tetris clone ( which works perfectly BTW ), so go easy on me.
Advertisement
Very nice. I like it, though I''d prefer to move with the arrow keys in a 1-player game

---
Visit Da Shovvkejs.
---Mikael Lax
Really nice. Only problem I had was that my desktop got kinda fubare:d after quitting. Had to reset to 1024x768. Otherwise good job!

http://www.shakazed.tk
Thanks for trying it out for me. I''m glad you guys like it.

The controls where really just temporary. The game was just a learning experience for me. But now that you mention it, the arror keys for a 1 player game does make sense.

I know about the desktop resolution thing. I think I may have fixed it. When I run it on my computer I dont have that problem so its hard to say if its fixed or not.
wait a second! THE bubble bobble? that nintendo game with the cool dinosaurs that killed the monsters w/ bubbles and turned them into fruit and stuff?!?!?! I LOVE THAT GAME! I played it soo much when I was little... damn it''s so great.
how old are you guys? It was originally an arcade game not a NES game!
<a href="http://www.purplenose.com>purplenose.com
I used to play it on the arcade, Atari, then the c64... oh the memories... any chance of the original music?
This brings back memories, that game kicked ass!
--24 Beers in a Case.24 Hours in a Day.Coincedence? I think not!www.gramb0.co.uk
In the NES version, you could stand on the bubbles!
I LOVE YOUR GAME!

[edit] i foudn out you can jump from the bubbles! cool function!
And I love the end, a space where you fall dwon downn down and down

[edited by - pipo declown on August 2, 2002 9:21:36 AM]
hold down the jump button to jump on the bubbles.
In the nes version holding down the jump button allowed you to keep jumping on bubbles, so thats how my version works to.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement