Cool (???) 2D space game

Started by
6 comments, last by Shooter 21 years, 8 months ago
Hi, I''m writing a 2D space game at the moment. It''s German (like me), but you should understand it, as there isn''t much text in the game. So, what I really wanted to say: I would be very happy if you''d download the game and say (or write) your opinion about it. But don''t be too cruel, it''s my first game... Download it here: http://www.thelindercompany.de.vu/downloads/spacebusters.zip I don''''t need any signature ;-)
I don''t need any signature ;-)
Advertisement
Just I can''t download that...
Thats pretty good, especially for a first game!

I''ve got got two suggestion/questions...

1. Could you allow at least 2 shots on the screen at once? that''d make it a bit easier...

2. The collision detection seems pretty touchy. Are you colliding the objects or title objects that the pictures are in?
laziness is the foundation of efficiency | www.AdrianWalker.info | Adventures in Game Production | @zer0wolf - Twitter
Worked very well, kudos. Yes, I would also suggest improving the collision detection...

It seems the bounds box around the ship is too large, and the asteroids strike the ship too early.

http://roninmagus.hopto.org
Worked very well on my system and looked very nice.
My system: P4 2GHz, 512MB RAM, WinXP PRO, GeForce 2 GTS

It might be in the readme, but I can''t read German, so ...
The ship burns energy too quickly. The powerups would be sufficent if the ship burned energy a little slower.

The collision detection also seems a little off. I was getting blown up by rocks that were almost a ship length away.

It''s looking very good, and with a little work (very little from what I saw) this game will be a lot of fun. Good work!
the weapons fire to slowly and take long time to reload. The game would be alot more exiting by including rapid file, and explosives that take out a whole lot of those rocks.

need more stuff to shoot at besides rockes, maybe some alian creatures that fly in once in a while and spit some green slime at u.

would be good if it also had an objective, well besides stayin alive that is.

i also got an error while playin the game

DDERR _invalidrect
bltfast()_coin::draw()
quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
the weapons fire to slowly and take long time to reload. The game would be alot more exiting by including rapid file, and explosives that take out a whole lot of those rocks.

need more stuff to shoot at besides rockes, maybe some alian creatures that fly in once in a while and spit some green slime at u.

would be good if it also had an objective, well besides stayin alive that is.

i also got an error while playin the game

DDERR _invalidrect
bltfast()_coin::draw()

First of all, many, many thanks for the very good comments on the game!

The error that you get is because of some clipping problems. But it''s only in the debugging version (that you''ve got, development is not finished). In the final release, those errors will be ignored.

@ Collision detection:
I think that I''ll improve it. Yes, it''s a bit strange, but I think it''s better when your ship gets destroyed to early than it does never get destroyed.

@ Weapon fire:
Yes, it''s right that the weapon is quite slow. But in the last days, I''ve developed another weapon that fires much faster, but it''s not as strong as the torpedo weapon.

And... I''ve also programmed a shield that protects the ship, but it needs much energy. I think that the game is getting better each day...

And sorry for the download problems, maybe the server was down.

THANKS!

I don''''t need any signature ;-)
BTW: You can still test the game, I''m waiting for your opinions...

I don''''t need any signature ;-)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement