ARRRGGGHAHAGAHGHAGHA

Started by
6 comments, last by billybob 21 years, 8 months ago
i did something, it made me get a blue screen stop error. no prob, i restarted my computer, loaded up visual C++, and tried to open my workspace. it said my source file was binary and couldn''t be read!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have lost my source, is there any way in hell i can get it back? i''ve been trying for 8 hours to rewrite the parts since the last backup, but i cannot make them work. they simply won''t do what they used to do. is there any way i can get the source back?!?!?!??!
Advertisement
You tried to load the CPP and H files in a simple word processer like Notepad?. I have experienced this problem on a simple word file once.. What I did to retrieve my data was loading the Word file in a program called Edit in DOS..

Hope you get the source back..
nope, but i fixed the parts that i lost since the backup. i would still like to know why that error occurred though, it could have caused MUCH more damage
Strange.. What where you doing when it "Froze" and you had to reboot ? Did all the Cpp and H files Corrupt?

What harddrive are you using? Size and Age..
quote:Original post by Snash
Strange.. What where you doing when it "Froze" and you had to reboot ? Did all the Cpp and H files Corrupt?

What harddrive are you using? Size and Age..

harddrive is about 7 months old, 37.5 gigs. when it froze, i was working on optimizing my draw terrain function. passing more polys/drawIndexedPrimitive based on the caps for maxPrimitives. when i did that, it went to this blue screen and said it shut down to prevent damage to my computer. it gave some stop error, but no driver. i rebooted, started up C++, and loaded my workspace. it said that my source file was binary and could not be read.
I''ve never been able to recover source files after incidents like that. It started happening often toward the end of my last project (files would be overwritten by periods, or I''d get parts of the PLG file in my cpp files), so I just started making backups. Hope you did the same.

Peace,
ZE.

//email me.//zealouselixir software.//msdn.//n00biez.//
miscellaneous links

[twitter]warrenm[/twitter]

Here''s an excellent way of making sure this error never occurs again: Get a good operating system. My guess is (becuase you said you got a fatal exception error) that you''re using either Win98 or ME, so, get XP Then you wont get those nasty bluescreens, or freeze. lol
quote:Original post by neurokaotix
Here''s an excellent way of making sure this error never occurs again: Get a good operating system. My guess is (becuase you said you got a fatal exception error) that you''re using either Win98 or ME, so, get XP Then you wont get those nasty bluescreens, or freeze. lol

err, i have xp. this is only the second time i''ve had a crash, and this can hardly be their fault, i''m messing around with the hardware, something was bound to happen.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement