Using copyrighted names in description

Started by
3 comments, last by Ibuku 21 years, 9 months ago
Say im describing my game through my website or anywhere else (in written form) am I legally allowed to say "Mixture of Dope Wars and Neuromancer" or something similiar...using the name of published book titles or other games (particulary other games)? Appreciate it guys. Ibuku
Advertisement
You''ll quite likely run up against anti-dilution statutes, most definitely if you say "It''s even better than FooBar!". Most big companies are rabid about keeping their trademarks distinct and pure, so I''d advise against doing what you''re thinking about.

Just my 20 cents.

Later,
ZE.

//email me.//zealouselixir software.//msdn.//n00biez.//
miscellaneous links

[twitter]warrenm[/twitter]

Comparing your games to other games looks cheap anyways.

"Our game''s awesome, its Half-Life but BETTER!"
If you do, make attribution. Like this: A mixture of soandsogame 1 and soandsogame 2

CUT TO

Bottom of page

Soandsogame is the licensed trademark of soandsogamesco copyright 200X (usually taken right off the box) and same for the other.

HTH

Always without desire we must be found, If its deep mystery we would sound; But if desire always within us be, Its outer fringe is all that we shall see. - The Tao

I think it''s kind of a cop-out saying "our game is like xyz and abc". Your game should be good on it''s own merits, not on other games'' merits. If you need to describe how your game plays, talk in genres, not specific examples of games from a specific genre.

If I had my way, I''d have all of you shot!

codeka.com - Just click it.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement