• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ryacketta

OpenGL DirectShow & OpenGL

This topic is 5901 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Folks, Not sure if my previous post was deleted or if it just did not get submitted, but here goes another attempt. I know it is possible to use DirectInput and DirectSound in OGL applications, but is it possible to use DirectShow in a OGL application? I am looking to add a small .avi to the beggining of an OGL application I have as well as possible cutscene type .avi sequences within the application. If this is possible, could someone kindly point me to a tutorial/example Regards, Ron

Advertisement
And yes and now.You must extract the image information from the AVI file and create a animated sprite in order to see the avi file on your OpenGL screen.

The pain is coming...this sommer!!!

And another thing...the example that you are looking for is at:
http://nehe.gamedev.net/tutorials/lesson.asp?l=35

The pain is coming...this sommer!!!

Guest Anonymous Poster
avi''s in opengl...

http://nehe.gamedev.net/tutorials/lesson.asp?l=35

see dshow d3d play on a texture sample. gives basis for getting the data from dshow into any buffer you want.

Thanxs for your replies!!

I have read the nehe tutorial, does a decent job; but uses vcm vice DirectShow. Would it not be more work/hassle to decode a avi that has both a video and audio stream and play them both back with vcm vice directshow?

I have 90% of it coded already, I actualy decode everything and
->Run() it, but I only hear the audio and get a white screen. I presume this is because I am makeing the directshow window a child of the application, which is being barried behind OGL.

I have read the DX demo mentioned, but with my lack of DX and OGL coding experience I am having troubles following it.

Might their be a more indepth (newbie friendly)description/tutorial/example for what I am trying to accomplish?

Regards,

Ron

[edited by - ryacketta on July 30, 2002 12:51:22 PM]

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!