Cramgene Released!

Started by
3 comments, last by Yamisoft 21 years, 8 months ago
Cramgene v1.0 was released today, July 29th, marking our 2nd original game title: "An incredibly unique puzzle game played alone or with a friend over the Internet, Cramgene proves to be one heck of a challenge for just about everyone. Use basic genomic science to decipher alien DNA and create bizarre new meals for your pets. Bonus genes make the 2 player mode an ever-changing match! Can you uncover the best strategy? Cramgene runs in windowed and full screen mode, requiring no special hardware or components." The demo is available from the official Cramgene web page here. The full version is only $14.95 and comes with more pets, more music, more levels, and no nag screens. Yamisoft Entertainment Inc.
Advertisement
Expertly put together product. Art was excellent, the flow of the game, everything extremely professional.

It was very hard to learn immediately, the tutorial seemed to try to complicate things for you
But I figured it out and it works well...

Great job guys!
Thanks for the feedback, Ibuku

I''d have to agree, it''s a little tricky at first if you''re new to the concept of DNA and genes. But as you said, once you''ve learned the basics, it''s quite simple. We''ve had to pull back the difficulty countless times from the feedback during testing. We just found it way too easy after playing it so long, so it was a tough one to balance.

Hopefully the tips on the support page will prove helpful as well. Perhaps I''ll add a short lesson on the basic science of genomes to that same page.

Thanks again for the compliments.
quote:Original post by Ibuku
It was very hard to learn immediately, the tutorial seemed to try to complicate things for you
But I figured it out and it works well...
Great job guys!

You thought so? if it wern''t for the tutorial i still wouldnt know what to do.

Anyway, great fun. Anyone play it on hard difficulty level? Good god, it''s HARD!

Only thing i''m slightly dissapointed in is the fact that it doesnt go into full screen mode. just gives me an error saying "Unable to switch to fullscreen mode." then it seems to restard the whole game.(my system is an 1800+XP w/ 512DDR Ram, GeForce4 ti4600) Who knows, maybe when i buy the full version i won''t have the problem. Either way i''m already looking forward to starting my review of it.
Gregory MicekEditor-In-ChiefDIYGames.com
It appears some players are having the wrong IP address reported to them when hosting a 2-player game. Has anyone else met this bug? If so, I''d be interested to know what Windows (or winsock) version you use and your network configuration. We never encountered it during testing with other users.

Oh and thanks Gregory, the new version shouldn''t cause anymore fullscreen problems.

Yann
Yamisoft Entertainment Inc.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement