Worldcraft and the RSF format

Started by
3 comments, last by Hostility 21 years, 8 months ago
I was wondering if anyone knew anything about the RSF file format. I''m currently doing a project, and I''d like to not have to make my own map editor(to save time), so I''m allowing my mapper to use worldcraft. The .map format requires a bit of math that I honestly don''t know and would prefer not to have to go into. I found a few converters on the internet, and they all either didn''t work at all, or choked on all but the smallest of maps. After some digging, I really didn''t find any good information on the RSF format, so I thought I''d ask around. Of course if anyone knows of a definitive .map converter, I suppose that would work too. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance people!
Advertisement
I see. Well, I suppose that would explain the lack of info out there. Thanks for the heads up.
Just realized I''ve been typing RSF and not RMF...I apoligize if I made anyone''s brain hurt.
quote:Original post by null_vector
(iii) use or allow third parties to use the Editor and the New Materials created thereby for commercial purposes including, but not limited to, distribution of New Materials on a stand-alone basis or packaged with other software or hardware through any and all distribution channels, including, but not limited to, retail sales and on-line electronic distribution without the express written consent of Blizzard;

As far as I know, Blizzard is not the company behind WorldCraft. I think it''s Valve (the creators of Half-Life). Maybe you read it like "WarCraft"? Just a guess.

CUselessStuff::NiftyQuote();

@mikaelbauer

Super Sportmatchen - A retro multiplayer competitive sports game project!

Well don't I feel like an ass.

Truly sorry for throwing you off track. I had actually been trying to reverse engineer this format.

Might as well be helpful. Not much but the basics.

http://www.valve-erc.com/resources/?page=33mapformat
Google is a wonderful thing.

Also JTGame and CrystalSpace have source for reading one.

[edited by - Null_Vector on July 29, 2002 11:12:13 PM]
find / -name "your base" -exec chown -R us:us {} ;

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement