Want to try out my water demo?

Started by
11 comments, last by llvllatrix 21 years, 8 months ago
Can u guys try out this demo and tell me if there are any problems? You can get it here: http://members.rogers.com/ramrajb/Downloads/Island.zip See if u can guess what music is playing You need DirectX to run it, and u use the up, down, left, right key pad or the mouse and mouse wheel to move. To end it just press Esc. It is also a bit cpu intensive so watch out If u find any problems or have any questions/ suggustions/ requests, just post em. Right now im working on adding reflection and refraction to the demo and ill try to fix all problems asap. If im lucky this demo might get made into a tutorial O, and feel free to use any of my models or textures. A bit of credit would be nice but not necessary (its not like ill hunt u down...ill find someone else to do it for me ). Big thanks to Daher, his engine got me going on this demo, and those are his skybox textures.
Advertisement
Nice!

Could do with an animated detail texture, and maybe some translucency nearer the island.

Other than that though, I really like the wave movement. Cool stuff.

I only get around 4 fps, but then I''m on a pII400 so thats understandable.

Dan

[size="1"]
14 fps
GeForce2 MX
Windows2k
PIII 1GHz

Looks cool. Perty FF muzac .
Ohhh... wavy! Nice, I got a nearly consistant 70 fps. Athlon 900/gf3ti500/win2k. Good work.

Alex Broadwin
A-Tronic Software & Design
-----
"if you fail in life, you were destined to fail. If you suceed in life, call me."
"The answer is out there."
"Please help, I''m using Windows!"
Alex BroadwinA-Tronic Software & Design-----"if you fail in life, you were destined to fail. If you suceed in life, call me.""The answer is out there.""Please help, I'm using Windows!"
I''m running XP with a tnt2 based card and have a few problems-
The water flickers when shallow, probably b/c of 16bit z-buffer
The water updates about 2 times per second but the program runs at 10+ fps, maybe b/c XP has timeGetTime() but with 10ms resolution

What is it supposed to do?
Athlon 1GHz, GeForce4Ti4200, Win98SE, DX8.1, Windowed 1024x768x32 -> 50 fps
Water looks a bit grey, only when there are high waves, it it really blue - and there''s a big contrast between grey/blue water (looks strange to me)
good work anyway
Thanks for the positive response

I updated the demo. Get it at the same place(http://members.rogers.com/ramrajb/Downloads/Island.zip
). You wont be disapointed.

It''s not quite reflection/refraction. That im still working on.
i don''t think that this is how it''s supposed to look like (from all your positive comments ), so here''s a screenshot of what i get. fps must be around 10-30.

my specs are:
p3 500
ati radeon 8500 64 mb
128 mb ram
windows 2k pro

how about you post a screenshot of what it''s SUPPOSED to look like. (cuz i wanna see!)

---
shurcool
wwdev
Thats about it. (if u were wondering, those shadows in the palm leaves are what happens when u do masking and enable depth test)
quote:Original post by llvllatrix
... Big thanks to Daher, his engine got me going on this demo, and those are his skybox textures.

Thanks... I never though my engine can inspire ppl so they go and try to do good.

seems impressive ... nah crashed ... so a screenshot will be find. EDIT: ooops (find = fine)

[edited by - daher on July 31, 2002 5:00:13 PM]
____________________________________MSN | AIM | YIM | ICQ

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement