Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zeraan

Problem with linked list stuff...

I just learned how to use linked list (I'm still a newbie) and I first tested it in console (an linked list excerise) and it worked well. Then I implemented it in my game for my asteroids, and now it's having problems. The code that have problem is this: The_Asteroids *Asts; Asts = new The_Asteroids; <---- The_Asteroids is the list of the asteroids, The errors is this: C:\C++\Beyaan\Beyaan.cpp(47) : error C2501: 'Asts' : missing storage-class or type specifiers C:\C++\Beyaan\Beyaan.cpp(47) : error C2040: 'Asts' : 'int' differs in levels of indirection from 'class The_Asteroids *' C:\C++\Beyaan\Beyaan.cpp(47) : error C2440: 'initializing' : cannot convert from 'class The_Asteroids *' to 'int' What is going wrong? In the program for excerise have exact same code (except for asteroids stuff, just the basics): List *aList; aList = new List; I don't get it...
You know your game is in trouble when your AI says, in a calm, soothing voice, "I'm afraid I can't let you do that, Dave" [edited by - Zeraan on July 29, 2002 9:19:42 PM]

Duh... I found the problem, I can''t do Asts = new The_Asteroids; globally, I had to do it in a function... Stupid me

You know your game is in trouble when your AI says, in a calm, soothing voice, "I''m afraid I can''t let you do that, Dave"