Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

carbon14

please help

In what? DirectX8? If you are using dx8, refer to the sdk docs at DirectInput->DirectInput C/C++ Tutorials->Tutorial 3:Using the Joystick. If you''re using previous versions of DirectInput, I''m sure they also have tutorials on it.

---
My Site
Come join us on IRC in #directxdev @ irc.afternet.org

For the record I would just like to say this: The DX8.1 SDK is the largest load of worthless code I have ever had the misfortune to look at, implementing code from an SDK sample is a feat unto itself. ::sighs with relief:: =] lol

quote:
For the record I would just like to say this: The DX8.1 SDK is the largest load of worthless code I have ever had the misfortune to look at, implementing code from an SDK sample is a feat unto itself. ::sighs with relief:: =] lo

I always thought the same thing til I actually started understanding what it is and how to use it. Everything you need is in the docs and MOST of it is VERY readable. There''s tutorials and all. Some of the samples are another story. I don''t think they''re worthless but there''s many hard-to-understand-at-first-without-spending-many-hours-reading samples such as the SkinMesh sample. Other than that though, it''s very helpful. The DX8 sdk has it''s faults though. There were many cooler samples in previous versions that are easy to convert because what you are converting is basically all theory. vs 6 and 7 had some cool d3d demos that were left out in 8(such as the tunnel one. although not complex, it was really cool to watch).

---
My Site
Come join us on IRC in #directxdev @ irc.afternet.org