• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Texture Tiling from MAX to DirectX?

This topic is 5684 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''ve been trying to tile a terrain mesh for months now, but whenever I export it to x-file it fails to tile. Only one tile shows. Any suggestion how to fix this? Thanks, -Toyemann

Advertisement
what''s tiling, the texture or the terrain?

the texture:

make sure you have wrap mode turned on and double check the exact coords in the mesh to make sure.

the terrain:

from my luck, ID3DXMesh doesn''t mess up. it must be exporting wrong. What are you using, conv3ds? if you are, there''s been a lot of problems with it. Do a search on the forums for more responses.

If all else fails, try loading the 3ds file by hand. There''s a nice tutorial on this site (although long). If it''s too long to digest, check out gametutorials.com for a sample of loading it in OpenGl. The two APIs are very alike so converting the code is just a matter of time.

---
My Site
Come join us on IRC in #directxdev @ irc.afternet.org

Hi!
Well, if Your problem is tiling the texture I might have an idea. I had the same problem; I tried tiling the texture and converting the mesh with conv3ds to a x-file, but it only showed one large texture-mess. So I used a UVW-XFORM-Modifier on the mesh and collapsed the stack. Voilá, no texture problems.
Hope that could help,
Michael

• Advertisement