Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ryan Kegel

Text X files just not good enough...

Hi, I''m using text X files in my game as explained in Jim Adam''s book on creating RPGS. Each of my models have 3/20 animations so far and already each X file is approx 2Mb!! My game take a pretty long time to load because of this! Anyway, does anyone know a way to speed the loading up and decrease the filesize? I thought about using binary format which would work fine i think, but I can''t store more than one animation in a binary format. Can anyone help me? Thanks, Ryan

quote:
Original post by Ryan Kegel
Hi,
I''m using text X files in my game as explained in Jim Adam''s book on creating RPGS. Each of my models have 3/20 animations so far and already each X file is approx 2Mb!! My game take a pretty long time to load because of this!

Anyway, does anyone know a way to speed the loading up and decrease the filesize? I thought about using binary format which would work fine i think, but I can''t store more than one animation in a binary format. Can anyone help me?

Thanks,
Ryan

try storing less frames of animation and work on ''tweening'' between frames. then you can store animations at 10 fps and be smooth.