• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Piotr_Haratym

hardware T&L and matrix multiplication

This topic is 5979 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

how to use hardware T&L ability in OpenGL if i use my own custom routines to multiply matrix vs matrix andmatrix vs vector?? how to use hardware T&L in such a quests - sorry for silly question. tahnks

Advertisement
matrix * matrix multiplication is not accelerated on current 3D hardware. So, it's perfectly fine, if you use your own code for that. Just load the final matrix using a glLoadMatrix call.

If you want to use HW t&l on vector x matrix multiplications, then you'll have to forget about your own custom routines *) - they are all replaced by the HW internal ones. Just give your untransformed 3D coordinates to OpenGL (using glVertex or appropriate VA calls), the HW will automatically do the rest.

*) Exception: HW vertex shaders, you can have your own custom transformation code running in HW on the GPU. But that's a special case.

/ Yann

[edited by - Yann L on July 30, 2002 10:39:37 AM]

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!