Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AmitKZ

profiling in vc++

I used the profiler in vc++ for the first time.. now, i saw that if i have a function the call "DoStates" and all it does is calling the "Do" of all the objects in the game, the profiler tells the "DoStates" take little time, and seperate all the "Do" of the objects to classes... i want to check if 1 running algo is better then the other, so i need to see how much time is spent in the whole "DoStates" including the time in the sub-functions... how i do that? and another thing, i saw the Init functions takes alot of time, but i realy don''t care, becuase it''s a one-time-job.. is there a way to remove them from the profiler? Logic can take you from Point A to Point B, But dreams can take you ANYWHERE

I am 99% sure that there are 2 columns: one clearly marked as the time spent in that function alone, and one marked as the time spent in that function plus all its children, which is what you are asking for, no?

[ MSVC Fixes | STL | SDL | Game AI | Sockets | C++ Faq Lite | Boost | Asking Questions | Organising code files ]