X,Y,Z and standard files

Started by
8 comments, last by com 21 years, 8 months ago
How would i program x,y,z for c++ and also how do include standard files such as bitmaps, as in writing the code to include it.
Advertisement
quote:Original post by com
How would i program x,y,z for c++

I think you might stand a better chance of getting a response if you clarified that question.
quote:
and also how do include standard files such as bitmaps, as in writing the code to include it.

Include - as in including them in your executable? That is dependent on your operating system and the executable format it uses.

"I would defend the liberty of concenting adult creationists to practice whatever intellectual perversions they like in the privacy of their own homes; but it is also necessary to protect the young and innocent."
Arthur C Clarke
--AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.[Project site] [IRC channel] [Blog]
This is quite possibly the worst formulated question I have ever heard.

My apologies if the original poster isn''t fluent in english.
daerid@gmail.com
Seeing as he''s from the UK I think it''s likely he is fluent.
quote:Original post by Crazy_Vasey
Seeing as he''s from the UK I think it''s likely he is fluent.

You''ve obviously never met anyone from Birmingham
Regardless of language, this question is terrible. It''s almost as broad as asking, "How to I program stuff with C++?".

I recommend picking up a book.
well one (def. not the best way) way to do it would be:

matrix > 3dmat;
3dmat[0][0][0] for accessing memory locations. i dont know if this works with the classes that come with some compilers but i use the ap classes that i got from my programming class and they work fine ofr me :/ hope this helps
lol, i know the question is very poorly put but i just couldnt think of anyway to say the question....

i need to be able to use co-ordinates in c++ but i dont want to use direct x or open gl or anything like that. The reason for this is i wanted to develop a particle system in standard c++.

i also need to be able to tell my program that i need to render these particles every frame and use a particle texture but didnt know how to tell my program "use this texture as my particle".

[edited by - com on July 31, 2002 6:23:18 AM]
Now that''s actually a question.

You might want to check out GameDev''s articles on Particle Systems first. NeHe has got a nice tutorial about Particles using Triangle Strips in OpenGL.
he probably doesn''t want to you OpenGL because he thinks it''d be easier not to you use it. trust me, after some time you''ll be begging OpenGL to accept you.

i suggest looking at the 1st nehe tutorial. it''s not that hard once you get used to it. and if you don''t like win32 code, or want it be portable, use glfw. it has really great and easy to understand documentation. plus it makes your code a lot shorter and very readable.

---
shurcool
wwdev

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement