Jim´s book. Node tree demo very dark ?

Started by
3 comments, last by FogGobbler 21 years, 8 months ago
Hi, there! I´ve got Jim´s RPG Book and have come to the node tree chapter (12). Before I updated the source files to directx 8.1 the demo flickered. By updating the files I solved the flickering problem, but another has turned up, which is puzzeling me a bit. The whole rendering is quite dark and I can just make out the textures an mesh-shapes. Has anybody turned the lights out :-) ?
Advertisement
You can try raising the light''s range and attenuation0. Both calls to set are located in WinMain.cpp of the project directory.

Hi!

Thanks, Jim, for you reply, but it still doesn´t work. I think the whole lighting system doesn´t work with me, becaue I can alter any settings and don´t see any difference. Very strange.

Greeting, Michael
I have the same problem with the windowed mode version of the node tree demo, but the Full screen version works fine when I compile it with the new DirectX 8.1 files from Jim''s site. I will say this though:

I don''t think it was an issue until after I installed DirectX 8.1. Try compiling the fullscreen version and see if it does anything different. To be certain, you could set an ambient light to see it all. That doesn''t fix your problem though.

I have an ATI Radeon 64M card if you''re interested in knowing that.

Good luck,
Paladin
Much greatness is achieved thru perseverance and faith.
Great, it works !
Thanks, Pal!
Michael

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement