opengl 2.0

Started by
3 comments, last by walkingcarcass 21 years, 8 months ago
is it real? what''s the difference? where do i get it?
spraff.net: don't laugh, I'm still just starting...
Advertisement
quote:Original post by walkingcarcass
is it real?

Yes.
what's the difference?

For now it is backwards compatible with OpenGL 1.x, but it adds a lot having to do with programmable pipelines.

where do i get it?

It's not fully standardize yet. 3DLabs has made a pre-implementation in its Wildcat drivers, but other cards don't make any efforts at support yet. I'm sure you'll see an annoucement when it's finished and when the video card manufacturers are done with drivers for it.

[edited by - Null and Void on July 30, 2002 5:55:42 PM]
the R300 and NV30 are ment to fully support OGL2.0 (or as the specs currently stand anyways) from what I''ve heard
R300 and NV30 will support gl2 via driver. Since the spec isn''t done yet they are not native cards. I don''t know how quickly they will be able to finish the spec but I have read several places that you should see something by the end of the year.

The fanatic is incorruptible: if he kills for an idea, he can just as well get himself killed for one; in either case, tyrant or martyr, he is a monster.
--EM Cioran

Opere Citato
"... we should have such an empire for liberty as she has never surveyed since the creation ..."Thomas Jefferson
http://www.3dlabs.com/support/developer/ogl2/index.htm

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement