Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cethan

Optimiza, Darrin, or Azaephael (sp)

I have a complex model (it has wings) I am currently attempting to use bipeds ponytails but it is less than ideal. Even tho i have relinked the ponytail segments to a spine segment whenever the head moves it throws off the bipeds ponytail sections..sooooo i was going to try and use regular bones..but that crashes max when i try to use the .prb exporter. Have any of you PR gurus gotten bones to work or have any ideas on how to get bones to work? The model is passable for the initial phase of alpha..but i want more control in the model than what biped is allowing me (at least for the wings). I myself am not a programmer and all the project programmers are finishing up on the last coding details. am i missing something? Do any of you know how to make this work better? I know im going to have to get one of the programmers to make a new exporter..but until we get the source and after initial alpha that wont happen...so i come to you guys...do you know or have anything that could help me out? You can see the monster of a Mesh i have to animate at http://aod.xrgaming.net its the halfdragon mesh TIA Cethan

quote:
Original post by Optimiza

Sorry i can''t help on biped object or bones for now, i plan to put all the biped export in my new version of the plugin then i can talk about it ,

when are you shooting for the new release?

Im not really sure about this working, but heres what I''d do if I were you...

Use your bone system, (or even skin from max3) and animate the wings then snapshot each keyframe to save the meshes on the animation.

Now join all the meshes together in a md2 file, transform the file to CHR and thats it.

If you are aiming at using the new skeletal character system, you could save the wings as a separate object and then link them to your character in real time.

Im about to face that same problem because we are going to use animated insectoid creatures in our game (4 legged ones) so character studio doesnt work on that one neither.

Ps. I think you mentioned something about a huge mesh, you should optimize your mesh so its easier to work with, and give you a better framerate on gameplay. But maybe I didnt undertand correctly.

Hmm.. well Im not really sure is an "skeletal system", I havent have the time to test it yet, but theres an update to the character system right here...

http://www.egerter.com/prdemos/chars.zip

Maybe that can help you out with your animations.

Edited by - Azrael on 4/3/00 10:12:47 AM