Stick Soldiers 2

Started by
191 comments, last by SuperRoy 21 years ago
The Stick Soldiers 2 Alpha has been released. Please check www.whitespaceunlimited.com for more details! Please read up on the site. And I know we don't have the chatroom or the Message Boards up yet. Please bear with us. We'd also like a bit of feedback on the game. What you like...what you don't like. You can configure the controls for the game in a file in the Data/ folder...I forget what file...snoop around. It's easy for any techie to figure out. Yes, I realize that the original SS thread won't grow to be the #1 thread now...but no one reads that anymore, and we're looking for a whole lot of feedback! Thanks. Obviously, the SS2 Alpha is in the "Demo" section on the SS2 menu. --SuperRoy [edited by - SuperRoy on August 7, 2002 12:06:08 AM]
Sup guys?
Advertisement
It crashes horribly.

P3 700
256 Ram
Savage4 32 ram

I can run Stick Soldiers I and Soldat no problem.
Well as stated, this was an Alpha build. Did you read the readme first? or just go straight into the game?
Sup guys?
sorry, it started working - you guys _really_ need to implement mouse look for aiming - want me to do it?
- The trade-off between price and quality does not exist in Japan. Rather, the idea that high quality brings on cost reduction is widely accepted.-- Tajima & Matsubara
Havn''t tried it yet but your main web page (http://www.whitespaceunlimited.com) doesn''t work in mozilla.

it just sits there refreshing a blank white page forever . I had to manually put in http://www.whitespaceunlimited.com/index.php to get to the main site.

- Thomas Cowellwebsite | journal | engine video

I can't believe it!!! Brilliance! This is the best thing ever! I knew all those months of waiting would be worth it! Even though you guys are halting progress on it right now, this demo is still extremely cool. Wow, this is great. Really great.

I hope you fix these compatibility problems people are having though. Aside from that, there's nothing I don't like except for lack of mouse control.

I absolutely love the way the keyboard and the bots can be configured, that extra customization is a big step from the original.

The animations are great, they really do add to the look of the game. At first I wasn't too sure about adding color, but it really does look nice, and definately an improvement to the original. The new guns are great too! Finally got me an M4!

Great job guys.

EDIT - Made me a test map to try out the flamethrower... man, that thing rocks. I like the scenery idea too, but it doesn't look right with the platforms yet.

EDIT 2 - Lantern (below) just reminded me about the ammo bar. I definately would like to see that back (and maybe a health bar as well, they're so much easier to read than that text).

[edited by - SilentCoder on August 8, 2002 2:06:34 AM]
Well, it''s about time

I got it to work no problemo.

Problems:

No sound.

My comments:

The contrast between the stick soldiers and their guns is great. It makes it lot''s of fun.
The weapons are cool, as well as the new weapon display on the top.
The AI is fairly good too. I didn''t play it too long, but it seemed pretty smart, (sorta smart)
The new armour is also quite cool, maybe some AA there?

suggestions:

Put the old "ammo bar" back. That was a great feature from the old game. No looking at a number in the heat of battle, just a glance down and you know how much ammo you have.

It is just an Alpha, so I can''t say much more, but great job. Now if it just had MP then it could really compete with Soldat.

Keep Shining

Ultimate Power Leads To Ultimate Corruption
http://soldat.ionichost.com
Keep ShiningUltimate Power Leads To Ultimate Corruptionhttp://soldat.ionichost.com
on the way to another several-dozen page thread :D

OMG this is some great stuff. Everything feels so much... beefier... than the original. I love the screen shaking.

Although... Are there sounds in this version? I didn''t hear anything at all during gameplay.

I do like the improved physics and weaponry a whole lot. The inclusion of a shotgun is great.

Anyway, love it, keep up the good work - can''t wait to see the final version!

---

DirectX gives me a headache.
---DirectX gives me a headache.
The screen goes absolutely bonkers. Shaking up and down like crazy. Unplayable.

------------
Where''d the engine go? Where''d it go? Aaaaaah!!
MSN: nmaster42@hotmail.com, AIM: LockePick42, ICQ: 74128155
_______________________________________Pixelante Game Studios - Fowl Language
quote:Original post by LockePick
The screen goes absolutely bonkers. Shaking up and down like crazy. Unplayable.

In my experience, the screen does that during explosions. Are you sure the bots aren''t just using a bunch of gren launchers? I liked the shaking bit.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement