Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Glass_Knife

Introduction screens?!?

Hello to all... First let me say I''m working on tetris, and the main gameplay stuff is done, and now I''m shinning it up . In TOTWGPG, the introduction screens are faded out with pallet animation, but my stuff is 16 bit, and I don''t think I can to that, so my question is, how to make cool fading intro screens? I tried a search but came up empty. If anyone could just point me in the right direction, I''d be greatfull. Thanxs I think, therfore I am. I think?

this is a quote form the directx sdk
"Gamma controls are simply a property of a swap chain. Gamma controls make it possible to dynamically change how a surface''s red, green, and blue levels map to the actual levels that the system displays. By setting gamma levels, you can cause the user''s screen to flash colors—red when the user''s character is shot, green when the character picks up a new item, and so on"

in other words....interpolate teh RGB values of the gamma ramp to 0 over a set period of time and u get a fade to black effect. or fade to whit if u interpolate the rgb values to 255 each.

experiment with it. try it.

Al