Announcement: website name change

Started by
13 comments, last by fup 21 years, 8 months ago
In this case i checked with IE because i knew that i was supposed to see something. But i don't think it's your problem, it's just one of the few gliches in mozilla that the user has to make sure that the plugins are up to date. I just checked and can still see it without trouble.

I like the head. I don't like flash animation where you have to skip intro if you don't want to be bored by a pretentious animation. Also i do not like these flash popup windows where you have to explore with the mouse to find the "navigation spots".

A plain and simple layout has one mayor drawback. They all look the same. I have a lot of bookmarks for which i have to read the page to find out why i bookmarked it. The head works like a kind of mental bookmark (like a logo). If i would end up on your page a year from now i probably remember what it was.

To make navigation easier i would suggest adding a back home button on every page. You can use a small head with home written over it as icon.
Also you have to make sure that the meta text of this pages is filled with keywords. Because the head page does not have normal text it will be very hard to find in google.....

[edited by - smilydon on August 13, 2002 6:20:32 PM]
Advertisement
Thanks for your comments Smilydon.

"To make navigation easier i would suggest adding a back home button on every page. You can use a small head with home written over it as icon."

Believe it or not there is already a back button on every page! Unfortunately it''s not obvious - it''s the logo you see at the top. I intend to change this to a small menu though as soon as I have the time.

"Also you have to make sure that the meta text of this pages is filled with keywords. Because the head page does not have normal text it will be very hard to find in google....."

That''s already taken care of

"I don''t like flash animation where you have to skip intro if you don''t want to be bored by a pretentious animation. Also i do not like these flash popup windows where you have to explore with the mouse to find the "navigation spots"."

I agree entirely. I think this is the reason Flash has got a bad rep and why people get infuriated with it. But used correctly, I think it makes a great change.
quote:Original post by fup
Timkin: If you have IE installed and you can''t be arsed to click on an icon and cut and paste an address (or click on a different icon and install the Flash plugin) then that''s just indicating you''re not really interested in looking at the website. Which is fine, but why should I have to cater for you?

I was just being a smart arse... no need to take offense!

Actually, I did try and fire up your site yesterday using both IE and NS, but both of them kept freezing up on the download. What version of flash are you requiring for the site?

I did get in today, but only because you have graciously provided an alternate entry!

Thanks,

Timkin
I''m always a bit prickly in the morning

flash 6 is the latest version.
Heh. I likes the "back of head" bit.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement