Need a good "educational" book learning Object Pascal

Started by
2 comments, last by Xorcist 21 years, 8 months ago
I was wondering if anyone here could recommend a good book, with regular updates, that might be used for an intro to programming course book, with Delphi as the learning environment. The lessons and examples are oriented towards those with no programming experience whatsoever and competely done in Object Pascal (Heavy on the Pascal side, light on the Objeect side) which means they're all console apps. I know that "Learning Object Pascal with Delphi" is a great book, but apparently it has stopped being published and will soon become one of those hard to find titles. I'm looking for a similar but with regular updates. [edited by - Xorcist on August 11, 2002 5:28:00 PM]
Advertisement
I''ve got Mastering Delphi 3 by Marco Cantu, its a bit old as I''m using Delphi 6 at the moment, but it covers(in great depth) object orientated programming, a quick check on Amazon will probably reveal that he''s carried on the book for other Delphi versions, but they will probably be more or less the same apart from small version specific changes.

=Fuzz-Net=
Here''s a counterpart to Marco Cantu''s online book "Essential Pascal" called Essential Delphi. I''ve not looked at it yet but I''m sure it''ll contain at least a little bit of useful knowledge.
Sorry but those aren''t going to work, both books focuse too much on Delphi and the RAD features it supplies. I''m looking for a book that uses Object Pascal to effectively teach people who have never programmed before, the basics of programming (Decision Making, Looping & Iteration, Functions & Procedures, Units, etc.). And like I said everything revolves around the development of console apps (which we do through Delphi). The course doesn''t touch on visual or windows programming at all (and personally I''d like to stay as far away form those concepts as possible). Should I maybe look into just getting a standard Pascal book? Do they even have books on Pascal anymore. The reason we use Delphi is because it is fairly up to date and a little easier on the students than C.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement