The Force

Started by
3 comments, last by tj963 21 years, 8 months ago
I was thinking about the Episode 1 pod racing and I was thinking it would be really cool to bring the force into play. What I envision for the game is racing, but at such a fast speed that you don''t have time to react to the terrain you can see except on the easiest courses. Instead you have to rely on the force. For the force, I figured it would work to draw a portion of the course that you couldn''t see because of corners in wireframe mode, in the correct position, but in front of the other terrain, fading to black as it gets farther away. This way you could "see" the shape of the track ahead, so you could be making turns other maneuvers earlier than if you had to wait to see them. Of couse you could also see other racer and mines and stuff up ahead as well, but maybe in a different color. What makes it different from other racing games, is that you can go faster and make tighter turns and more complicated moves. Comments? Think it''ll work or not? tj963
tj963
Advertisement
Eventually, all racing games come down to memorizing the track and playing "ahead" of the game - essentially what you''re talking about. It''ll be fun for a while, then boil down to reflex.

To improve racing, focus on everything but racing - fighting is a popular option (Carmaggedon, Road Rash, Wipeout, Mario Kart); finding various secrets is another (Mario Kart); variations on vehicle types is yet a third.
i think it just wouldn''t be much fun. Players would lose the experience of the actual race and it would get really frustrating, really fast - essentially you wouldn''t be even controlling your craft via the main view.

I''m fine with high speeds but i think the limit should be where you can control it - probably the max would be the episode 1 racer game, i''d say.
---DirectX gives me a headache.
I thought episode 1 was slow.
Not to be all negative but it does sound kinda queer...

Bleu Shift - www.bleushift.tk

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement