IME And DirectGraphics

Started by
5 comments, last by JobsGame 21 years, 8 months ago
Do you konw IME? Now I have makeing a D3D8 FullScreen Applicaton,and it must work with IME.But when FullScreen the IME window is Invisible. Anybody can help me? Waiting with GREAT THANKS. MSN:Jobsli@hotmail.com
left blank
Advertisement

You cannot really show a window on top of a DX8 full-screen app. I''ve seen this discussed many times adn the most common advice is to run in windowed mode, just make your window the size of the display with no borders.

Alternately, if you only need IME on occasion, you can use full-screen, but drop back to windowed when you need IME.

Stay Casual,

Ken
Drunken Hyena
Stay Casual,KenDrunken Hyena
I don''t think it''ll be practical to use window mode. I think the only way is to handle your IME messages yourself and make your own interface that''s integrated into your application. IME has a complete API for dealing with it. You can find it in MSDN under:

Platform SDK->Base Services->International Features->Input Method Editor

There are a set of window messages that starts with WM_IME_. You must handle these messages yourself. For example, when the user clicks a key on the keyboard, you''ll get a WM_IME_COMPOSITION message to inform you that the composition string has changed. When the user finishes composing his character, you''ll get a WM_IME_CHAR message with a UNICODE or a DBCS code.

My site
Thanks for Reply,

to FantasyGuy:
I have handle the IME message,But it''s not work well,
Because some IME not doing things follow the prescribed order,them use differ way to strengthen their effort.
Even someone just make a keyboard hook,and send the WM_IME_CHAR
to the Edit.............

to DrunkenHyena:
It may work,but it will lost some performance.
But my program is already slowness to death.
and i hardly to optimize it.

Thanks again.

JobsGame
left blank
You''re handling the IME messages but it''s not working well!!! Can you describe this in more details, I can''t see what kind of problems are you getting.

My site
Dear FantasyGuy:
You must never used the IME before,maybe it is no use for you.
so you didn''t know what they do.most of them doing things strange.because them already exist before M$ support it and can work well with Windows,and even more powerfully than M$ IME.
They evolve and get more powerfully,so them exist with M$ IME,
and so popularity. but hell,most of they not use the Stand IME Message.so I can''t work with the IME messsage.

ps:my program is worked well with other kind of IME.

Thanks.

left blank
I am talking about the IME that Windows supports. I don''t know anything about other types of IME since I''ve only used the Windows 2000 IME. But if there are other types of IME and they''re working fine with Windows then there must be a standard interface between them and the OS.

My site

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement