Which is the easiest? ("NO FLAME PLEASE")

Started by
32 comments, last by Antony52 21 years, 8 months ago
quote:Original post by Antony52
In your opinion which is the easiest C,C++ or C#?
Does C has any future?

If you want to go for structured programming, go with C. It''s clean, simple, easy to learn and quite easy to master. Note that it was designed long before GUIs became mainstream and the standard libraries do tend towards command-line based apps.

If you want to object-oriented programming from scratch, start with a more recent OO language, like Java or C#. Get to grips with the basics and keep at it until you get comfortable with the concepts. These languages enforce OO rules, which can help reduce some common kinds of bugs and eliminate any naughty programming practices you may have picked up already.

Then, and ONLY then, should you get into C++. C++ is clearly showing its age through its core features. Not only was it designed before GUIs became mainstream, but Stroustrup started designing it even before the original IBM PC was launched. C++ was simply never intended to be used for the massive programming projects we work on today.

An important feature of C++ is that it does not force OO onto you the way C# and Java do, but this can also be a major flaw. The temptation to mix-and-match structured and OO programming is a powerful one and has been the undoing of many a major project. Studying the "pure" structured and OO languages first helps you understand better when to use each paradigm to best effect. You could certainly learn C++ first, but it is a very unforgiving language.

--
Sean Timarco Baggaley

(Incidentally, for those anti-MS nuts who insist that C# and .NET are closed, MS-only, proprietary tools of Beelzebub, please go to this URL, http://www.go-mono.com/ and consider yourselves hoisted by your own petards.)

Sean Timarco Baggaley (Est. 1971.)Warning: May contain bollocks.
Advertisement
I hate C# the same way I hate Java. I''d use C# if it wasn''t like Java. (And that it was compiled) wait, (NATIVELY compiled mind you)
---START GEEK CODE BLOCK---GCS/M/S dpu s:+ a---- C++ UL(+) P(++) L+(+) E--- W++ N+ o K w(--) !O !M !V PS- PE+Y+ PGP+ t 5 X-- R tv+ b+ DI+ D G e* h! r-- !x ---END GEEK CODE BLOCK---
quote:Original post by Andrew Nguyen
If everyone would just run Linux (For the power users) or Mac OS X (For the personal users) we wouldn''t be arguing now would we?

That''s quite a gruesome thought :shudder:

Personally, I like Windows and use C++ to develop for it. C# may have it''s uses, but so do VB and Java. It''s all about choosing the appropriate tool for the job, and personal tastes and preferences. So I like Win32. You may not. You may like OsX or Linux. WHO THE HELL CARES. Just get on with your life and program.

These fanatical flamewars are really quite amusing.
daerid@gmail.com
I''m just saying that if everyone used a UNIX-alike (Theres one for everyone), we wouldn''t need these stupid platform independent languages.
---START GEEK CODE BLOCK---GCS/M/S dpu s:+ a---- C++ UL(+) P(++) L+(+) E--- W++ N+ o K w(--) !O !M !V PS- PE+Y+ PGP+ t 5 X-- R tv+ b+ DI+ D G e* h! r-- !x ---END GEEK CODE BLOCK---

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement