Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheOneBigOne

I HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT ITEMS ???

OK i dont know if i am posting in the right place (i hoe it am ) Ok like you all know the game Diablo Right? Well do you know the type of backpack they use "The Blocks" ok same i made the blocks 24x24 and i needed to put a short sword in 1x3 blocks ( One block Left to right and 3 up and down ) * [] [] [] * ok now the thing i need to know is to fitit in right. like the item should be like 24x72 but there will be lines, so it should be 24x74 right? I mean i dont know how to set this up, if you know what i mean can someone plzzzz help me... Thanks for your time.

Well how do you make it, like this is how i have it set up right now http://www.geocities.com/sm_artwork/Hmm.JPG but i dont know if that is the right way. or do you have no lines and the first pixel to the top and left have the lines, Sorry this is hard to tell what i need to know on here. But like what way is the right way, You know what i mean?

hm hä?

sorry, i don''t have a clue..

you don^t know:
what amount of quads an object should get?
what size the field of quads for a good backpack should have?
how to fit an object into the backpackfield? (finding a free place)

anything of this? please try to shorten the question, and to find out for yourself what you want, apparently you don''t, and that leads to a very useless question, impossible to really help..

"take a look around" - limp bizkit
www.google.com

Guest Anonymous Poster
Im not sure what your problem is. but it sounds like you want to know how many pixels to make your items pictures. Here is your formula for that:
nboxes*npixelsperbox+nboxes*linewidth-linewidth
so if your boxes are 5 pixels wide, and an object is two boxes wide and lines are one pixel die you would get.
2*5+2*1-1=13 so mkae it 11 pixels wideto cover the 10 pixels of box space and one pixel of line.

If you get this working, i would reccomend making the objects rotatable, for different ways of making them fit. if you really want it to be good, make an auto arranger so when you add an item it automatically rearranges things to make it fit.