• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

osarmstrong

Game Creation Idea

This topic is 5887 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have a game in mind, and completely laid out from start to finish, yet no programming experience, or time to learn that much. Is there a forum, or group who would be interested in chatting about it?

Advertisement
I would reccomend you learn some programming. Not nesesarily enough to make the game, but enought to understand a little about what it would be like for programmers so that can influence your game design. Also, you should do something besides game design, whether it be art, programming, sound, provide money, etc. otherwise, people will go with their own ideas.

Yes, even if you''re a great game designer, you would need to at least be able to understand the other aspects of game making, simply because a designer has to deal with every aspect.

----------

I rule, you drool!

----------

"If the whole world was out to get you... they would have gotten you by now."

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!