Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DarkScythe

MFC D3D Woes...

Hi! I was wondering if anyone could help me? I am attempting to create a D3D level editor using MFC. The only problem I''ve encountered is that D3D resizes itself to take up the whole screen and I cannot seem to fix it! Here''s what I mean: The first screenshot shows the MFC app not using D3D, the second shows the exact MFC app except with D3D enabled! Here''s the splitter code I used: -------------------------------------------------------- if ( !d3dtoolsSplitter.CreateStatic( this, 1, 2 ) ) return FALSE; if ( !d3dtoolsSplitter.CreateView( 0, 0, RUNTIME_CLASS(CToolsPanel), CSize( TOOLPANEL_SIZE, cr.Height() ), pContext ) ) return FALSE; if ( !d3dtoolsSplitter.CreateView( 0, 1, RUNTIME_CLASS(CD3DEngineApp), CSize( cr.Width() - TOOLPANEL_SIZE, cr.Height() ), pContext ) ) return FALSE; -------------------------------------------------------- My D3D params are: d3dpp.Windowed = TRUE; d3dpp.BackBufferFormat = d3ddm.Format; The window handle passed to D3D is AfxGetMainWnd()->m_hWnd.. maybe that''s the problem? But what would I use to just isolate the second part of the splitter and make D3D only draw there?? Thanks for any help you can offer whatsoever..

In a Splitter Window, only the Views are splitted, the Window is always the entire Application Window. If you pass CView::GetSafeHwnd() to the Direct3d initialize, you can attach the device to the view you want to.
To access the second view (if you want to) you must set up a second Render chain. (Dont know the D3DX Interface, but there is one)