Unresolved externals

Started by
4 comments, last by Erik 24 years ago
This is a really stupid question but if you don''t ask you don''t learn. Anyway: When I compile lesson 6 I get the following error messages: Error: Unresolved external ''auxDIBImageLoadA'' referenced from module lesson6.cpp Error: Unresolved external ''glGenTextures'' referenced from module lesson6.cpp Error: Unresolved external ''glBindTexture'' referenced from module lesson6.cpp I know I''ve read something about this at the old messageboard but now I can''t read the answers anymore. I''m using Borland C++ 5.01 with win98 (if anybody would care). Would appreciate an answer. Thanks in advance. Erik
Advertisement
What libraries have you included?
i.e gl.h, glu.h, glaux.h, etc...

Jason A.
---I write code.DelphiGL (http://delphigl.cfxweb.net)
windows.h,stdio.h,gl\gl.h,gl\glu.h and gl\glaux.h. At first I had problems with glBindTexture and glGenTextures being undefined functions but after downloading new libraries,dlls and headerfiles they disappeared and this turned up instead.

Thanks for caring

Erik

Edited by - Erik on 4/1/00 2:32:32 AM
Hi Erik,
Do the other ogl functions work? If not read this!
I use the same compiler. What kind of libs do you use? I had these problems too. All I did for solving this, was deleting all .lib files form ogl,glu and glut. Then I created new libs out of the dlls:"c:\BC5\BIN\ implib file.lib file.dll" (or vice versa). Then I put these newly created files either into the ..\LIB\ folder or into the folder of the project.
I hope this helps.
The basic polygons, colors and stuff like that(which is the only things I''ve tried) works but I tried making new libraries as TheMummy (thanks) proposed anyway. Sadly it didn''t work. Then I tried doing it as a project (I haven''t done the openGLstuff as projects before and it has worked so far, do you have to do them as projects?) and linked in the proper libraries, which caused the evil externals to go away but unfortunately a new error message turned up:
"Fatal: Bad object file ''..\lib\gl\glaux.lib'' near file offset 0"

The glaux-library is the only one which I didn''t change cause I couldn''t find a new one (well I searched the net and only come up with the one I already had). Does anyone now where I can lay my hands on a working one, or is it just me doing something stupid with the compiler?

Erik
Your GLaux library is probebly old.

I had the same problem.

Drop me a mail at
Fredrik.Andersson@swipnet.se

I have it working in Cbuilder right now, with a new lib, that I can send to you if you like.

Fredrik

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement