Winsock Source TCP/IP

Started by
6 comments, last by Mage91898 21 years, 8 months ago
I need the Winsock source with TCP/IP for my OS. Any working source will be fine. It also shouldn''t be very sloppy or tangled coding. Current Project: OS AIM: Mage91898 MSN: Verde_Caballero@hotmail.com To triumph over enemies requires power, to forgive requires a soul.
Current Project: OS AIM: Mage91898 MSN: Verde_Caballero@hotmail.com
Advertisement
Wow, this thread is a good laugh. You''re making the next-generation revolutionary OS, but you''re asking us to give you the Winsock source? I would think a master OS programmer could effectively use a search engine..
If you''re using a third party Winsock implementation, you would have to contact them regarding their release of source code. If you are speaking of the default Microsoft Winsock implementation, their source code is intellectual property of Microsoft, and I''m sure they wouldn''t like it if someone tried to reverse engineer their code. But on the other hand, if you''re asking about finding some EXAMPLES that use Winsock, use Google.
No. CODE TO USE TCP/IP FOR INTERNET. PACKET SORTING, ETC.
I believe he isn''t looking for examples now that I look back at his post..

Sorry buddy, I don''t think you''re going to be obtaining the rights to use Microsoft''s API for your own revolutionary OS.
Oops. That last post wasn''t supposed to be Anonymous. :|

Current Project: OS

AIM: Mage91898
MSN: Verde_Caballero@hotmail.com
I DIDN''T MEAN "WIN"SOCK. I meant general sockets. Not from Windows. >:|

Current Project: OS

AIM: Mage91898
MSN: Verde_Caballero@hotmail.com
quote:Mage91898
I need the Winsock source with TCP/IP for my OS. Any working source will be fine. It also shouldn''t be very sloppy or tangled coding.

Read as: "Will someone please volunteer to write a free sockets implementation for me, following the coding standards set forth for my revolutionary OS project, of course. Tell me quick, because I have a short temper."

Listen pal, the closest thing to free you''re gonna find is probably in the Linux world. Even still, that falls under the GPL, so you''d have to release some of the code to your Revolutionary OS to the public.

I will offer some advice. A proper sockets implementation is only one layer in the OSI model. Even if you could find some code to help you, you''re still gonna have to write everything under it, right down to the hardware driver interface.

One last thing, a simple "please" would''ve at least made you look like a newbie, instead of a greedy cockmonger.

"If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed." - Albert Einstein

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement