Suggestions for linking problems???

Started by
3 comments, last by Noods 21 years, 8 months ago
The error:
quote:ddsetup.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _DirectDrawCreate@12 Debug/Quelzars.exe : fatal error LNK 1120: 1 unresolved externals Error executing link.exe
The question is, how do the more experience programmers go about working through the problem when your compiler cant find an external? I made sure my directories were set up and that I had the DirectX directories included. I even went as far as reinstalling the MSSDK. How should I go about tackling this problem? As always any help would be greatly appreciated. [edited by - Noods on August 12, 2002 8:20:05 PM]
Advertisement
linker problems are:

90% you forgot to list the proper .lib file in your linker settings

9% problems using keword ''extern'' in your code.

1% misc other crapola

for this problem, i''d check your linker settings and make sure you are actually linking to the DirectX libraries, whatever they are.

-me
There are plenty of other things that would whack out if I didnt have the ;ibraries set correctly, but I checked it again just to verify. Everything looked ok there.
Project -> Settings -> Add ddraw.lib to Project Options. Fixed it
You can add
#pragma comment(lib, "ddraw.lib")
to your code as well

It''s a Microsoft specific extention
- The trade-off between price and quality does not exist in Japan. Rather, the idea that high quality brings on cost reduction is widely accepted.-- Tajima & Matsubara

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement